Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ponder this for Sunday Night.....


If delight in God is a gift of God, then why doesn't every believer have joy? Why do we have to fight for joy if it is a gift from God?


For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Romans 7:22-23


There is a continual battle within the life of every believer. In part it is a battle for delight. A battle to find our delight in God or the unfulfilling things of our flesh. When you read these verses from Romans do you tend to use them as excuses 'I'm only human' as to why you do not delight in God as we are demanded, or do you see it as a challenge to fight for joy in Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment